Nordictrack - Elite 17.7 Elliptical - 3 part failure in 3 months of ownership

113 of 207 Nordictrack reviews

I've had the "Top of the Line", $2000 Elite 17.7 elliptical for 3 months and have had 3 separate part failures.One massive failure where the pedal sheared off from the arm while working out...that was a fun wipeout.

The ramp has broken twice and now sits in an unusable state for 3 weeks now while new parts are shipped out. In 3 months of ownership the unit has been unusable for 1.5 months. Problem is nobody in customer service can give me any update as to the parts order the technician made and most likely did not make given the amount of time that has passed with absolutely no sense of urgency on Nordictrack's part. When they do ship the parts it's usually hundreds of dollars worth of uneeded parts.

At this rate I can probably build a 2nd elliptical before too long with all the extra parts I now have. It's mind boggling how many emails it takes to get any sort of response from "customer service". I feel like they are ignoring me or perhaps they only have 2 people handling the customer service lines.

Terrible company, terrible quality of equipment and the worst customer service I have ever seen.I should have seen the warning signs before I purchased.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Parts Failure
Review category
Fitness Centers
review #490702 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Nordictrack? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
113 of 207 Nordictrack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.