NORDIC TRACK RECUMBENT BIKES, GX4.0 and 5.0 PRO -SAFETY AND HEALTH ISSUE WITH HEART RATE MONITOR, DESIGN FLAW AND DEFECT – MAY CAUSE STROKE OR DEATH OF USERS.

On 5-24-12, Supervisor Megan said, as a private company, it is policy not to give out any contact information for executives/executive office.

She said to Nordicrrack I must write! This is bad customer relations and policy. NordicTrack is under umbrella of ICON, 1500 S. 1000 W., Logan UT 64321 PH# 435-750-5000 as are 12 other brands.

Featured grip pulse monitor useless and cant be fixed. I worked w/incompetent CS reps from Jan to May 2012. Home visited 3 times. Waited for part over a month.

Returned GX4.0 & upgraded to 5.0 Pro. It has same problem. CS rep did not give option to upgrade again for $100 to a $1299.00 Commercial bike selling for $699.00 w/free shipping I found on NordicTrac site. To tout and intentionally sell a feature that NordicTrack knows is defective and useless, is fraud, false advertising, and criminal.

I wrote to ICON, my DA, State AG, Utah's AG, the BB and the FTC. ICON AND ITS 13 BRANDS HAVE NO CONSCIENCE. The ICON Board and Executives should be brought before the courts. There were other significant issues, but, for space I am not addressing them here.

This Safety and Health issue that may cause stroke and death is the salient one.Angry - you bet!!!

Had an Experience with Nordictrack?

Comments

wiseowl

I've had a reply from the office of David J.Watteson, Chairman of the board, and CEO on his behalf by Kati Powell.

It said, "Your suggestions have been forwarded to the appropriate individuals and if the need arises they will contact you directly.

What a sorry reply and NO - no one has contacted me directly and nothing has been done and no resolution and no answer or resolution concerning the defective "handgrip pulse monitor"

ADDITION- I upgraded to t the top of the line Commercial VR in the hope that the extra cost and top of the line would not have a defective "handgrip pulse monitor". My mistake!

It has the same defective feature "handgrip pulse monitor".That is three models up to the top of the line that hall have this defective feature, added into the cost for a useless, defective feature that may cause fainting, (injuring yourself on the fall form your faint), stroke, heart attack and death.

Try contacting Diana Sidwell - she is in charge of the customer care department.You can call her at 435-786-5332.

She probably won't care, but its worth a shot talking to someone that can possible do something.

The customer care agents are no help at all.Trust me, I have had a lot of bad experiences working with the reps, but they have no authority to make any decisions whatsoever.