NordicTrack rep says: Just don't use the built-in iFit software!

I purchased my "Commercial 2450" treadmill directly from NordicTrack in September, 2013 for $1,999.99 and received it October 4, 2013.The iFit software has never worked properly in the unit.

I've made 4-5 phone calls to Nordictrack about my various iFit related issues and was told on November 13, 2013 to expect to receive a replacement SD card to completely reset the machine within the next two weeks. It is now Dec. 15, 2013 and the SD card (for me to fix the problem) is still not here. The machine itself runs great, quiet, and like a total workhorse; but when the iFit software doesn't work, the treadmill and none of its functions/buttons work, either.

Needless to say, having been an owner of this machine for 2.5 months and not having been able to use it fully since I've had it is quite frustrating. I purchased it specifically for its software functionality and the NordicTrack rep told me that I should just use it without the iFit functionality! Well, that greatly reduces my pleasure in the unit as well as the overall functionality of the unit. Also beware of NordicTrack in general as their customer service hours are terrible and they are not open Sundays, when people have time to actually contact customer service during normal daylight hours.

Overall, I'm disgusted that I spent so much money to have this company treat my problem like it's non-existent, and to tell me that I should just not use the specific functionality of the unit that I paid for.

Beware of NordicTrack and find a better company.Just because NordicTrack is in Utah doesn't mean you're going to receive anything any faster than if it were in China!

More Review Details

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 25, 2013 #763735 Sacramento, California

I just bought a nordic trac 2450 and it doesn't stream netflix on the TV which is why I bought it in the first place. What a huge rip off. Ugh!!

0 0 Reply

Dec 15, 2013 #758818 Columbia, Kentucky

A couple of things: First, NordicTrack is usually much more expensive than other, comparable brands with the added disadvantage(as you found out)of an unresponsive and unhelpful customer service department. Secondly, the IFit software is really just a gimmick and nothing you really need. I know you paid for this feature, but the guy from the company is right---just don't use it. Thus, you paid even more for something that is just a basic treadmill. If they don't help you, you will just have to grin and bear it. Tho, post all the complaints, comments you can online, with friends, etc. so others know just how bad NordicTrack is.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.